The Auer Bräu brewery can look back on an exceptionally successful history that began in 1887 when Johann Auer acquired a 29,000 square meter plot of land near the new station in Rosenheim. For his company, he chooses a mating grouse as a brand icon. A year later in 1888 came the purchase of the Saubräu with Rossacker, which was further enhanced by significant investment in a modern brewery. Right from 1889 Auer Bräu is brewed in the new operation at the Münchener Straße. From then on, the Auer Bräu was continuously expanded by adding purchases “Grabenstätt” in Rosenheim and the “Sternbräu Bräu am Anger” in Halfing the “Schiessl-Bräu” and in Grabenstätt the “Schlossbrauerei Grabenstätt”. In 1923, the Auer Bräu turned public listed company by merging with the “Paulaner Salvator Thomasbräu AG” in Munich, the “Schuhbrauerei Bad Aibling”, the “Schlossbrauerei Brannenburg” and the Schlossbrauerei Vagen. Special opportunities to visit Rosenheim are the Rosenheim Strong Beer Festival and the Rosenheim Autumn Festival.