* The current population of Germany is about 82,656,067 – 15th in the world – 1.152% of the world population lives in Germany.
* Germany is home to many of the most famous composers of classical music, including Bach, Händel, Beethoven, Bruckner, Schumann, Mahler, Mendelssohn, Brahms, Wagner, Telemann, and Richard Strauss.
* The Germans occupy the 2nd position when it comes to the consumption of beer: 107 liters of beer per year (after Czech Republic with 132)
* German athletes won a total of 1548 Olympic medals in recent Olympics, 2nd only to the athletes from the United States.
* Germany was the first country in the world to adopt daylight saving time. This happened at the height of the First World War (1916).
* Large parts of the Autobahn have no speed limit.
* There are more than 300 varieties of freshly-baked bread in Germany and there’s a bakery on every corner. Butcher shops, too.
* German is the official language in 5 countries: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, and Liechtenstein.
* Germany is Europe’s largest economy and 2nd-most populous nation.
* Ethnic groups: German 91.5%, Turkish 2.4%, other 6.1% (made up largely of Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish)
* Religion: Protestant 34%, Roman Catholic 34%, Muslim 3.7%, unaffiliated or other 28.3%