Regular

willkommen-in-germany:

Brandenburg an der Havel in Brandenburg, Eastern Germany, served as the capital of the Margraviate of Brandenburg until replaced by Berlin in 1417. It provided the name for the medieval Bishopric of Brandenburg, the Margraviate of Brandenburg, and the current state of Brandenburg. Today it is a small town compared to nearby Berlin, but it was the original nucleus of the former realms of Brandenburg and Prussia.

In the late 19th century it became an industrial center in the German Empire. Steel industries settled there, and several world-famous bicycle brands such as Brennabor, Corona and Excelsior were manufactured hzere. A world-famous toy industry was also established. With a giant industrial complex, the Deutsche Reichsbahn (German Imperial Railways) was located here-Kirchmöser during the time between the two world wars and the time of the former GDR. The city’s excellent transport infrastructure was a big advantage.

After German reunification the city’s population declined from around 100,000 in 1989 to roughly 75,000 in 2005 through emigration. The migration was mainly by young people.