Tabakwarengeschäft in Biberach an der Riß, Baden-Württemberg,…

Tabakwarengeschäft in Biberach an der Riß, Baden-Württemberg, Southwestern Germany. In a shop like this, you will find tobacco products such as cigars and cigarettes, and possibly liquor, lotto tickets, and other Kiosk-like products such as candy, icecream, newspapers, magazines…

Wolfenbüttel in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony), Northern Germany,…

Wolfenbüttel in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony), Northern Germany, is known for the renowned Herzog August Library and for having the largest concentration of timber-framed (Fachwerk) buildings in Germany. It’s an episcopal see of the Lutheran Church in Braunschweig, and houses a campus of the Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences. A first settlement was founded here in the 10th century. The town was first mentioned in 1118, when the Saxon count Widekind had a water castle erected on the important trade route from Braunschweig to Halberstadt and Leipzig. The world-famous herb liqueur Jägermeister’s headquarters are located here. Twin cities: Sèvres/France, Kenosha, Wisconsin/USA, Satu Mare/Romania, Kamienna Góra/Poland, Rhondda Cynon Taf/Wales.

Löwenbräu („lion’s brew“) is a brewery in München, Southern…

Löwenbräu („lion’s brew“) is a brewery in München, Southern Germany. Most of its beers are marketed as being brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot, the beer purity law of 1516. The brewery was founded around 1383. Its lion emblem originates from a 17th-century fresco in the brewing house, depicting Daniel in the lions’ den. Löwenbräu has been served at every Oktoberfest in Munich since 1810. Because only beers that are brewed in Munich are permitted to be sold at Oktoberfest, Löwenbräu is 1 of 6 breweries represented, along with Augustinerbräu, Hofbräuhaus, Hacker-Pschorr, Paulaner, and Spaten.

Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu is a brewery in München (Munich),…

Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu is a brewery in München (Munich), Southern Germany. In the year 1397, the Welser Prew was alluded to for the first time in Munich. The ownership changed often until 1854, when the brewery moved to the location it still uses today.