Vilseck is a town in Bayern (Bavaria), Southern Germany. The town is geographically separate from a large US-military base known as the Rose Barracks. Its name comes from the location of a castle built in 920. Eck is the German word for corner. The Vils river has a tight bend where the Burg is located.
Regional German Food: Die Nürnberger Rostbratwurst is a small sausage from Frankens (Franconia’s) largest city, Nürnberg. It was first documented in 1567 and is now a Protected Geographical Indications under EU law. Pork-based and seasoned with fresh marjoram, they are traditionally grilled over a beechwood fire. As a main dish, 3 to 6 of them are served on a plate with either sauerkraut or potato salad, and accompanied by horseradish or mustard. They are also sold as a snack by street vendors as Drei im Weckla (3 in a bread roll with mustard). Another way is cooking them is in a spiced vinegar and onion stock; this is call. Blaue Zipfel.
Grabow is a town in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Northeastern Germany, situated on the river Elde, 7 km from Ludwigslust, and 34 km from Wittenberge. The name is of Slavic Polabian origin. Pope Urban III. mentions castle Grabow for the first time in a letter from 1186. The city received city law in 1252. In 1725, it was destroyed by a great fire. The local palace was never rebuilt. The historical center is distinguished by its close core of timber-framed houses.
Otto Plath, the father of writer and poet Sylvia Plath, emigrated from Grabow to the USA. The painter Wilhelm Langschmidt was born in Grabow and settled in the Elgin valley in South Africa. The town which grew around his trading store there still bears the name Grabouw, after his hometown.
Husum is the capital of the district Nordfriesland in Schleswig-Holstein, Northern Germany. It was the birthplace of the novelist Theodor Storm, who coined the epithet “the grey town by the sea”. It is also home to the annual international piano festival Raritäten der Klaviermusik (Rarities of Piano Music) founded in 1986.. Husum was first mentioned in 1252.