Kirschblütenallee am Mauerweg, Teltow, Brandenburg, Eastern Germany. Teltow is located in the Potsdam-Mittelmark district, a part of the agglomeration of Berlin, just 17 km from the city center. The Teltow canal links the Havel river with the Dahme river near Köpenick in the eastern suburbs. The settlement was first mentioned in 1265. Teltow shared its borders with former West Berlin, so from 1961-1990, it was separated from it by the Berlin Wall.